As a leading African Theatre Company in the UK, founded in 2012, Utopia Theatre prides itself on being a leading voice in African Theatre, particularly in the digital space. The company is dedicated to demonstrating the rich cultural heritage of Africa’s theatre canon, and in so doing, dispel stereotypes and encourage authentic voices from the African Diaspora.
We are recruiting for an Administrative Producer who will work closely with the Artistic Director and General Manager on the company's management, administration, and strategy by overseeing the delivery of projects and activities. They will be a key player in Utopia's organisational development.
This will initially be a one-year contract with the possibility of extension.
We are particularly keen to receive applications from people of black and under-represented ethnic backgrounds.
For more details, please see the full job description attached.
Please send an updated CV and covering letter explaining why you would consider yourself suitable for this position to [email protected]
Deadline for Applications: 30th August 2021
Interview Date: 1st September 2021
Become a Utopia Ambassador
Are you passionate about theatre? Would you like to know more about theatre from Africa and the African Diaspora? Do you want to be part of a movement to nurture and grow African Theatre in Sheffield and beyond? Do you want to support us to dispel stereotypes and tell authentic African stories?
Utopia Theatre is a leading voice for African Theatre locally, nationally and internationally. We are looking for dedicated and passionate ambassadors to help continue our important work and help expand our community and welcome those who otherwise don’t engage with theatre and the performing arts.
Our ambassadors will:
- Help with the Front of House at some of our community events and workshops.
- Help coordinate our larger community events and support all community members to engage with the vibrant and diverse artforms we showcase.
- Work alongside the Utopia Theatre staff to support the marketing and promotion of Utopia Theatre productions, including flyering for shows and promoting events in your personal networks.
- Support our community engagement by being champions of our work both in their own communities and online.
- Represent the values and mission of Utopia Theatre in all the work they do with us.
In return, Utopia Theatre can offer:
- Complimentary tickets to our productions, including invitations to Press Shows
- Free attendance to our workshops and community events, with opportunities to learn from prominent theatremakers and creatives from around the world.
- Opportunities to learn how Utopia Theatre creates their work and a behind-the-scenes look at our process
- Personal Acknowledgement of your support in our programmes and on our website.
If you are interested in joining the team as a Utopia Ambassador, email [email protected]